- State Bar of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Orange County Bar Association, Resolutions Committee
Charles M. Clark is a trial attorney that practices in all areas of civil litigation, including contractual, real estate and commercial disputes, securities fraud, trade secret misappropriation and insurance defense. Mr. Clark has represented a variety of clients from large real estate developers and insurance companies to corporations of all sizes from the initiation of the dispute through trial or arbitration.
Mr. Clark's representative experience includes:
- Represented Plaintiff in a real estate dispute with a Defendant seller who wanted to rescind the Purchase and Sale Agreement for a $3,600,000 parcel of undeveloped commercial property for Plaintiff’s failure to close. The matter involved the enforcement of the Purchase and Sale Agreement to ensure the closing conditions were satisfied before Plaintiff was forced to close. After a three week bench trial, the judge issued a favorable verdict awarding Plaintiff its only requested legal remedy of Specific Performance of the Purchase and Sale Agreement.
- Represented Respondent in a binding arbitration concerning the enforcement of a buy/sell agreement and the valuation of a decedent’s ownership shares in a corporation. After a week-long binding arbitration, Plaintiff received a favorable arbitration decision enforcing the buy/sell agreement and setting the value of the shares at $3,000,000.
- Represented Plaintiff in a trade secret and fraud matter in which the Defendant was the president of a corporation that Plaintiff acquired. Immediately prior to the acquisition, the president of the acquired corporation made numerous misrepresentations during the due diligence period and took the acquired company’s trade secret customer list. After an eight week jury trial, the jury issued Plaintiff a favorable verdict awarding $1,600,000 in monetary damages.
- Represented Defendant in a wrongful death and personal injury matter involving a van accident in which numerous passengers died and others were severely injured. Plaintiff requested an award in excess of $20,000,000. After a four week jury trial, the matter settled during deliberations for an amount substantially less than the demand.